Friday, July 23, 2010

An act of God!!

I know I haven't written in a while, but I am back on track. Instead of doing my sermonettes I have decided to use my page to share testimonies!!
This afternoon I was going out with my Son when I passed a homeless man that was living under a bridge, I have seen him there several times before. The Lord spoke to me and told me to bring him lunch. I said to the Lord "I don't know anything about this man and I have my baby in the car". The Lord said to me " You know how it feels to be hungry" So at that point I said "Ok Lord", we will bring him something to eat, afterall if the Lord is telling me to do something I know he would NOT put us in harms way. The man was under a bridge and I wondered where I would stop to give him lunch.I kept driving and I pulled over to a Mc Donalds then realized I could not find my credit card!!! Frustrated I turned around and headed home, The Lord told me to check the side of the console and I did...there was my card!!!!!!!!!! I turned back around and drive under the bridge the man was gone.
I said "Lord you want me to bring him something where did he go??" Just then I saw him sitting under trees at a gas station to get shade. I pulled up to the man and asked "if I could buy him lunch". He looked at me in disbelief!!!! He said "it is kind of hot to eat" jokingly but then when he knew I was serious he said he would "like a hamburger". I told him to wait there and I went to Sonic and got him water, hamburger and french fries. I went back to the man and gave him the food. He kept saying "God bless you" to me. I said "No God Bless you!!". I saw him eating the hamburger before I could pull out of the parking lot.
I prayed for the man, then drove away and took my Son to lunch, on the way back I looked to see if the man was still there and he was under the shady tree.........head down, hands folded....PRAYING! Something that seemed so small to me was a huge blessing to that man! The Lord will always meet our needs always. Things like this build my Faith and I am beyond blessed that my Family and I serve the Lord. The things he has done for us are amazing. God Bless that man, listen to what the Lord has to say to you, you never know who will be blessed by it!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your blog!

    Would you like to follow me as well?

    http://jennyweeks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, you never know how God can use you to bless someone else.

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how blessing others can bless us as well. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete